The Bollinger Story
Serving quality food since 1946.
Way back in the day, about 1946, on a corner in Thurmont, Eva Bollinger opened up a small restaurant – soups, sandwiches and small talk. In the early 1950’s, the Bollinger family started Bollinger’s Dairy – bottled milk, dairy products and of course, ice cream. Then they opened a small restaurant that became a popular gathering spot in the small town. The spot became known as a family restaurant as the Bollinger children helped out a lot.
After the restaurant closed in 1970, Bollinger’s Restaurant made its new debut when Junie Bollinger, the eldest son of Elmer and Eva, reopened the business in 1971. Momma B, as Eva was kindly referred to, became a matriarch – a 4 foot, 10 inch lady with a heart of gold. Junie learned well and continued for many years with Momma B right there at his side.
In 1989, Donna, Junie’s daughter-in-law, bought the restaurant. She learned well from Junie and Momma B who still helped out and encouraged Donna all the way. Momma B passed away in 1999. She left behind a legacy. Junie continued to work for Donna until 1996. He died in 2001. Donna continued on, training her own children.
In January of 2003 Bollinger’s Restaurant lost their lease at the shopping center (it’s still talked about today). After a long/short vacation of 4 years, Donna and two of her children, Joshua Bollinger and Carrie Fogle, bought a small restaurant in Thurmont, just a few steps from the Shopping Center. Bollinger’s Restaurant opened again in the Spring of 2007.
Come by and see us! Join our family for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We hope to be around a long time. Thanks be to GOD and to all our family and friends that we’ve made over the years.